Search This Blog

Friday, May 14, 2010

"Go Library"

This is that time of the year when ...every student at LSE...just raves about library. I dunno wat the buzz was about. There were frequent thoughts that crossed my mind " Come on guys...u can study at home, why follow the herd when u can peacefully study in ur own tiny room".

Well, last nite i was too curious to see what exactly it was that attracted people to library during the exam time. Was it the sheer amount of resources (books, computers, journals.. etc etc...) or was it something else. Well, I was surprised, it wasn't the resources. It was only because of peer pressure that u are able to focus well in the library. For first 15 mins...I was having a look around. I saw many students just lost in their own world of Betas, Deltas and epsilons. A peculiar thing I observed was...as soon as someone's mind starts meandering ( well...right from awesome sushi for dinner or check out the bombshell...3rd row 4th seat from left...or any other wandering thought) one realises that there are 3000 super workoholic kids around and are going crazy scribbling some math formulae or deriving the Black Scholes. When this happens....immediately u dive back into books. So it's sheer strength of good old "PEER PRESSURE".

It worked on me too...and now I too believe the philosophy... "Go Library" this exam season.
Finance 1 and Cross Cultural Mgmt....Here I come..........


No comments: