Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2007

End of a Journey .......Only to start afresh

Saturday mornings are generally pretty laid back at office. The silence in the office with all the hotshots going to the "production review", is simply the most awaited time for all those who work at the grassroots (like me.. :)) . Every commoner indulges in a few vital hours of "orkutting" or "gmailing" to catch up on the weekly snippets that was due for discussion for the entire week.I often end up mailing my sis and friends on the updates if any on my front.
But 10.03.07 was different. I had been waiting for some news bytes from Yale. This school ranks pretty high and i should have refrained from apping to it ,yet something told me that this is my fit n its gotta b yale for an MBA.On opening gmail there i saw the mail with subject line as " Yale SOM admission status updated"
This almost told me that acceptance mails never have such subject lines. So it was just the plain formality that was left. I actually logged on to the Yale website as I was curious to know the exact words that told me that it’s a ding .
All such mails have an awesome verbal display. It makes you believe that u have got everything except what the b-schools are looking for :-))). My prior experience with such mails came to my rescue, as this letter from the Director of Admissions was short and sweet.This year for the 4th time I will be hearing the same “limited number of seats” phrase.So 2006 for me will be the year of misses rather than many hits.
There have been so many negatives, which I don’t even want to think about right now. The only silver lining that I could pick up was that my profile was able to get me interviews and it only fell apart when they saw that my GMAT let my application down. After loads of deliberations with some of my closest pals and my family, I have decided…(Yes, I have decided finally) iam going to have my crack at GMAT again.This implies inspite of having an admit iam going to defer my admission at one of good schools in my view to take a shot at that elusive Yale seat again.
So, guys here I present my blog that will turn into a quest for this elusive dream in the year 07-08. I will keep u posted with everything regarding my falls and even tad bit of breakthroughs that I gain. I hope the post on the day 10.03.08 reads “Victorious Atlast “. Let the game begin…...

1 comment:

AJ{ax} said...

with the world at my feet, I shall look down upon thee, and conquer the might and soul in you !!!!

Head out into the blue laden sky, with shimmering thoughts of a sparkless future skimmed with uncertainties cuz without them, I ask, What's LIFE !